Friday, March 20, 2009

Scrapblog and Reactions

I am still very delighted with the novel. It is beginning to get a bit repetitive though because every time the reader learns about a minor character, that character become sick with the yellow fever. That part of the novel is very predictable. However, the major plot of the story has been very intriguing and there have been many twists in the novel that I wasn't expecting. I was not expecting Mattie to also get the fever. Once she did I thought for sure that she was going to have a hard time making it through, but she made a quick recovery. So far I am still very happy with the book that I have chosen. 

Below is my scrapblog which explains some moments that I thought were important to the novel, yet I have not mentioned yet. One of the major suprises in the novel was the death of Mattie's grandfather after the thieves had broken into their coffeehouse. This is supposed to be Mattie's scrapbook and in it she expresses how much she misses her grandfather and how much she longs to be back with her mother. She also expresses her affection for the painter's apprentice, Nathaniel Benson, and how she longs to be with him again. If Mattie had, had the option I believe this is what she would have put in her scrapbook if she had kept one. 




1 comment:

  1. I'm glad the book is still enjoyable, even if predictable (well - it is about the fever, so...). I really love your scrapblog - it's so aesthetically pleasing... Especially the color palette. I agree that this is what Mattie's scrapbook would have most likely looked like.

    ReplyDelete